Monday 2 February 2015

Week 21/22....

I hope everyone has had a brilliant week, because I have!

I don't have too much time this week so I just wanted to share about the real highlight of the week, which was the Mission Tour, held at the Zambia Lusaka Mission Home on Thursday. 

We had the pleasure of spending the day with Elder Carl B. Cook, the Area Authority for Africa, South East, and his lovely wife Sister Cook, along with the ever present and powerful President and Sister Erickson. All four of them taught us as a combined Lusaka District (The West and East Lusaka Zones comprising of just 20 missionaries) so it was a very intimate and spiritual experience. I have probably never felt the spirit in such a consistent and personal way, I was able to have confirmed to me the truthfulness of the things that they were saying, and also have answers to some of the questions I have had on my mind by the Spirit. It was a one-of-a-kind experience that will never be forgotten. 

The way that both President Erickson and Elder Cook present, teach and testify, is a testimony builder to me. When they speak, you can tell that it is guided and directed by the spirit of the Lord, and the authority that their words bring feels like the Saviour himself is saying them. I know that these men are called of God and are set apart to do their work by the authority of the Holy Priesthood, what a blessing it is to have that power on the Earth at this time. 

After the meeting President and I had the chance to talk a little bit about my visa situation and so there is some news- The area office in Durban told President that I can get a visa for South, only if I travel back to the UK to get it. So the chances are that the Brethren will reassign me to Zambia, but we are having interviews with President this week sometime so hopefully I can get more information about the situation and then see what the options are. One option is that I hold my mission, come home, get a visa, and then fly back out and continue, but I imagine that would be far down the pecking order, so i'll wait and see and then speak to President this week.

That's pretty much it this week, it's been a spiritually powerful, physically exhausting, but truly excellent week. Thanks for your prayers and your support, I couldn't do it without you.

EF.


No comments:

Post a Comment