Monday 9 February 2015

"Now the work really begins"

This week has seen the return of the humid, sticky heat, something that I really haven't missed, but hasn't stopped the successes. I can safely say that I have learnt the real meaning of tiredness, Sunday night we returned and were completely finished. Every muscle ached and my brain was fried, but my spirit has been strengthened like never before. This week has been the most spiritual, the most powerful, and the most successful of my mission so far. The experiences I've had and the spirit I've felt has been such a blessing, and it's all been down to hard work. I have a testimony that when we try our hardest and do all we can, until we feel that we can't go on- that's when we see the Lord bless us, that's when the windows of Heaven are opened unto us and are taken to greater heights, heights that we didn't know we could reach. 

Thursday was interviews with our Mission President, straight after the mission tour so a nice time to see him. Every time we meet, the spirit testifies to me of his authority, and he speaks with the power of God, it's kind of a surreal experience, but always uplifting and a testimony builder, particularly when we speak one-to-one. We spoke about mission so far, our goals as the Zambia, Lusaka Mission, and for me as an individual- what the future holds and stuff like that. Very personal, very powerful, bit daunting as well... 

I haven't been reassigned yet, but President explained that a 'parting of the red sea' experience would have to happen for me to not be serving in Zambia for the rest of my mission, and I am actually really chuffed about it. This mission is home now, and I feel like i'm meant to be here after all, so whatever comes, I'll be extremely happy. 

More from this week- the rain came with a vengeance on Saturday night, flash floods and strong winds caused chaos for us, I had to walk home bare foot to save my shoes from complete destruction, it's much easier to clean my feet than my shoes! When I was crossing the 'road river' a bloke asked me how much money I had so he could carry me across, shows how much Zambian's will do for a bit of money. I was already drenched so I just waded through it, receiving some 'banter' from the guy and other locals...

The work in Lilanda is progressing so well, the fruits of our labours are finally being manifest in some powerful investigators who have true testimonies of our Saviour and His Church. The tail end of February and March are going to be very wet, we have baptisms in the double figures planned, and we received the news this week that Lusaka is becoming a Stake in March, with Lilanda becoming a Ward. Now the work really begins, and we are primed for a huge start. 

This week will be the last before the February transfer, which is set to see the mission turn upside down with 13 missionaries leaving and 10 new coming in, 6 being sisters. President has reshuffled a lot of areas, positions and personnel, so the chances are I won't be with Elder Nakale by next week, but we will see, the Lord works in mysterious ways...

A lot to talk about this week, hopefully the successes will continue. The Lord has blessed us so much this week, our hard work is finally paying off...

EF- 5 months in the field 

No comments:

Post a Comment