Monday 4 May 2015

Miracles

This week has been completely and utterly exhausting, I am just so tired. It's hard to even concentrate on doing nothing, let alone trying to email everyone back after my birthday. On that note, thank you to all those who have wished me a Happy Birthday, i'm so humbled and thankful to have so many people who care for me even though i'm so far away, couldn't be happier. I went and spent some time with a lot of my recent converts, Thulani, the Banda family, Vincent and Nora a really special couple we're teaching, and the bathroom after eating way too much food! Grateful for all the stuff people sent and things that are still coming. It was interesting to spend a Birthday in Africa.

Otherwise this week has been one filled with miracles of a huge and small kind:- 


One of the most powerful experiences of mission so far has been the story of Rosaria. She was finally baptised on Sunday after years of preparation and prayers- her parents had previously denied her the chance of choosing to be baptised herself, but since meeting Elvis, a member of the church for 3 years who she married, she was able to receive the courage and strength to 'take the plunge.' I'm so lucky to have been part of this special day for her. But she told us she won't feel complete until she has been sealed to Elvis and their little daughter Tina in the Johannesburg Temple a year from now. A true miracle and a testimony of God's work in Lilanda.

Another miracle was that our iron broke on Sunday, and I hadn't ironed my shirt, came round to putting it on and it was wrinkle free. I now have a testimony that 'Non-Iron' shirts are true. It's a modern day miracle.

I hope you all had a good week too, transfers this weekend, will In stay or will I go? If I stay, i'll be the longest serving missionary in the Lilanda area, being dubbed the Patriarch of Lilanda. Tough times- but we have some amazing people prepared who I want to be with when they get baptised, so i'm seriously torn at the moment.

Take care loved ones, 8 down, 16 to go, time flies when you're having fun,

Ford. 

(Photo to come next week). 

No comments:

Post a Comment