Monday 16 March 2015

"We've only gone and done it....!"

This week has been so great, I’m so lucky to be a missionary, and I’m so lucky to be in the Zambia Lusaka Mission. The big news was that yesterday, the Lusaka District finally became a Stake! We did it! A lot of hard work had gone into this weekend and if paid of. The sessions on Saturday and Sunday were so spiritual, uplifting, but had a feeling of ‘this is only the beginning.’ Now the work starts. Lilanda as of the next few weeks, will call a Bishop and become a Ward, President Mambwe is still the Branch President but interviews over the next few weeks will determine if that stays the same or not. 

Interesting times ahead, especially as transfers are around the corner again. I hope I get to stay here, I’ll become the King of Lilanda, having served here for 6 months.
Other than that the work is progressing well, I was able to interview a candidate for the other companionship in my District his weekend, seeing that they are doing great things here and finally their work is paying off. Life in Zambia is hot at the moment, the sun is relentless, but it doesn’t stop the work, only 20 minutes after I bath I’m sweating again. Hard times. 

I just love mission so much, I can't find anything to complain about, the Lord has blessed me so much with a great companion, a great District to serve, a fantastic and powerful Mission President to guide us, and the best mission in the world to serve in. I am so blessed, be jealous.

It's been a while since I bore my testimony...

This church is God's church, established by him in the Meridian of time, and Restored by His Prophet, Joseph Smith, in these last days. I am so grateful to serve Him and privileged to be His advocate to the people of Lilanda at this time. I can't say what the future will hold but I am confident that through the Saviour Jesus Christ, we can achieve everything, through His love we can be healed of all worry and strife, and through His Atoning Sacrifice we can be saved. These is the knowledge that I have and believe to be true, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour, Amen. 

EF x

"Libala crew back in business....."




Elder Ford and Sister Ruth




2 comments:

  1. Wow, exciting times. You are such a blessing to us and the Lord. Keep up the great work. Love gran xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, what an inspiration you are to your family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete