Monday 6 October 2014

"Hell on Earth"

Finally,

After weeks of preparing I have finally worked out a way to send out a big weekly email. Its been a long time coming, and I know a lot of you have been hoping and praying for this day, so I am delighted that the dream has finally come true and I hope it lives up to the expectation. If I have missed anyone out, feel absolutely free to forward this onto anyone. Without further ado lets begin...

This week has been brilliant. I have finally had a chance to settle into the Zambia, Lusaka Mission and am very excited about the prospect of spending some time here before I fly back to South Africa. The mission comprises both the countries of Zambia and Malawi, and both couldn't be more different from each other. The Mission President's name is President Erickson, and because neither Zambia or Malawi have a organized stake, his roles are both as mission president, and stake president... of two countries. I don not envy that man at all, but I have never met someone more capable and prepared for the challenge. He has truly been ordained by God and is strengthened by Him.

I am currently serving with Elder Welling, a cowboy from Wyoming, in a district of Lusaka (Zambia's capital) called Libala South- or named by the mission- Hell on Earth. According to everyone I have spoken too, Libala South is the hardest area in the entire mission, so it was a baptism of fire for myself, but Elder Welling has served here for his whole mission so far (7 Months) so I am in very capable hands. He is a real blessing, a truly great trainer, and an all round top bloke, so the past few weeks have been really good.

There hasn't been a baptism in this area for 6 months, but me and Elder Welling have been working very hard and have a baptism next week, a lady named Ramon. She is a tender mercy of the Lord and has been so prepared by Him to be baptised, all Elder Welling and I have done is be the conduit for the spirit to teach her. She is so excited for next week and so are we, the Lord has really blessed us so far, and are hard work has been worth it.

I am so grateful to be on my mission at this time, to be able to serve the Lord in Zambia. I can testify of the truthfulness of this gospel, the importance of the Restoration, and the correctness of the Book of Mormon. My mission is already blessing me more than I could've imagined and I am learning an growing far more than I thought possible. I am so happy to be here and know there is a reason for my stay in Zambia. I love the Lord and I love my Saviour. I am so grateful to be able to share my testimony with you all the way from Africa!

May the Lord bless you all this week, and i'll write more next week- I'm still struggling with time at the moment! I promise to reply to everyone at some point in the near future, and I really appreciate your support and prayers.

Have a great week and keep smiling,

EF



https://www.google.co.uk/#q=zambia+map
Google Images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment