Sunday 14 September 2014

"Johannesburg is one of a kind..."

Elder Ford has managed to email from the MTC this week! For those who have not had the chance to read it...

"Hesi! Uri sei?

What an unbelievable week it's been, and I only have ten minutes to write about it, so this will be difficult.
First things first I made it alive on time and in the right place, Johannesburg. The MTC is an unbelievable place, I have never felt the spirit so strongly in my life, and it's hard to think that took it for granted in the past. I have truly felt the power of prayer and it's influence on me, and that God really does love us and is watching over us. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord on mission and am really excited about getting out in the field and getting going.
Johannesburg is one of a kind. What a city, I'm so pleased that I've had the chance to come here before Durban and got to go to the temple, I'll send photos soon but I haven't got enough time at the MTC to do it.
Me and Elder Larsen are the only western missionaries in our group of 14, the others come from Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, and SA. I already know some Shona and Zulu so that should come in handy... Doesn't feel like the mission language is English sometimes.
We have learnt so much about teaching, the scriptures, the importance of the spirit and so much more, I wish I could go into all the detail I want but time is a serious constraint. This will probably be the last email I send at the MTC (and the only) before I get to Durban, so look after yourselves and remember the Lord loves you more than you can imagine... Seriously,
Lots of love, Elder Ford x" 

No comments:

Post a Comment